Thursday, January 31, 2008

Whoa Nelly!

Yesterday (Tuesday) our temperature went from 60 degrees in the afternoon to 17 late last night! We had a horrific storm go through with tornado warnings, straight line winds, plus rain and even hail in places. It was BAD. Today we barely got above freezing and tomorrow and Friday we are supposed to have snow again. Man I just love living in the Ohio Valley cause if you don't like the weather just wait a minute and it will change! :)

Went to the Dr. yesterday. My blood sugar still isn't where it should be but it's getting better. Jerry and I have been going to Diabetes Education classes and we have been learning quite a bit. We mostly learned we didn't know what we thought we knew. :) So we have been making changes to our diet and trying to exercise more. Like I told the Nurse the other day, it took me 43 years to get this body so I can't get rid of it overnight. We must be on the right track because my sugar this evening was 126. YEAH! So little by little we are getting there. Just like the move, one day at a time.

Also I keep forgetting to add this, the day we went to Evansville and ate at the new place we looked around the gift shop and I saw three cute things. One was a picture frame that Matt found, it said "Home is where your CAT lives" :) I thought it was great except I would need FOUR! :) The other one was a cute plaque that read "I NEVER repeat gossip, so listen VERY carefully!" Loved it! They also have one that read "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all." I thought that was a pretty good one for us but stuff there is SO expensive! We bought one or two little things that were on clearance but not much. Any way it's late and time for bed, more later.

No comments: