Saturday, February 9, 2008

Diabetes, No Smoking, Knitting, Storms, What more could you ask for?

Well let's see, first of all we had some horrible weather go through this week. We are ok but I know some weren't as fortunate. Our hearts go out to those families who lost family members and homes. We pray for their quick recovery.

Things are otherwise pretty much same ol' same ol'. I am still having trouble getting my sugars down. We have tried everything we know and have had some success but not as much as we would like. We just heard about a study saying that caffeine might raise blood sugar so when this container of coffee is empty we are going to try decaf for a week or two and see if that helps. On my last Dr. visit he didn't raise my insulin dosage because insulin makes you gain weight so it's a double edged sword and walking the edge is difficult :)

Jerry started Chantix this week to help him quit smoking. I am SO hoping this works! We both need to quit but it's harder for him. He has been smoking a lot longer than me plus he usually smokes more than me. I quit once for two years and I know it's hard but it can be done so wish us luck!.

I have several knitting projects in the works but I have a feeling the socks may not be done in a while. I have a shawl I am making out of Red Heart Light & Lofty Cafe Au Lait color. It's like cream with swirls of toffee color in it. I am doing it in a rib stitch on my long green Knifty Knitter loom. I am almost done with it and I can't wait!. I have some black in the same Red Heart L&L that I want to do a shrug out of but it will be on needles, not a loom. I also bought my first wool yarn to try my first felting project. I am looking forward to it. I think in my next life I will come back as an octopus so I can knit more at one time :)

Well that's about all for now, please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion, I would love to hear from you!

No comments: