Sunday, February 3, 2008

Time to VENT!

I'm sorry but I just have to say my piece about this. Tonight we went to dinner at a local restaurant. Yes it was a serve yourself buffet but the waitresses still brought us drinks and cleared the dishes from our table and brought us rolls and more plates if we needed them, and what I don't understand is why people don't tip these ladies! I mean they work their asses off ferrying stuff back and forth and they barely make 2 bucks an hour! They rely on tips for the rest of their pay. I have seen people leave horrendous messes and NO tip! Our waitress tonight told us she had a table with FOURTEEN people and they didn't leave her a dime! There were only three of us and we gave her 5 dollars. It just breaks my heart to see them work like crazy for nothing. We also try to tell our waitress/waiter how much we appreciate their service. Our philosophy is that people aren't afraid to bitch when something goes wrong so they shouldn't be afraid to say when something is good as well! Besides we have come to know several of the servers and they know us and as a result we get excellent service from them. So make sure you tip your server next time you go out. They depend on them!

No comments: